Knee Arthroscopy Bayonne and Bloomfield
Knee arthroscopy is a minimally invasive outpatient surgical procedure that allows the doctor to view the knee joint without making a large incision. Using an arthroscope, Dr. Augustin can visualize the joint and the surrounding area with the help of a miniature television camera attached to this tool. These and other advancements have made arthroscopic knee surgery an effective means for repairing damage to the knee and treating common knee problems. In many cases, tiny instruments can be utilized to correct problems at the same time. This results in less pain and less joint stiffness. This also reduces recovery time and may increase the rate of surgical success due to less trauma to the connective tissue. It is especially useful for professional athletes, who frequently injure knee joints and require fast healing time. This enables athletes and others who are in good physical condition to return to athletic activities within a few weeks.
Arthroscopic surgery can diagnose and treat knee injuries, including:
- torn anterior or posterior cruciate ligaments
- torn meniscus (the cartilage between the bones in the knee)
- patella that’s out of position
- pieces of torn cartilage that are loose in the joint
- removal of a Baker’s cyst
- fractures in the knee bones
- swollen synovium (the lining in the joint)
* Dr. Augustin is an active member of the AANA, Arthroscopic Association Of North America.
Call 201.437.9700 for our Bayonne location or call 973.680.4200 for our Bloomfield location to schedule a consultation and learn more.